Monday 16 April 2012

The dream stealer

The warmth of her body next to mine made me turn towards her, eyes shut, until I felt her smooth silk-like skin against my lips.

I instinctively moved in search of her mouth, my lips slightly parted in anticipation of the imminent pleasure of her kiss.

I whispered how much I love her just before our lips met. We kissed passionately and a tear rolled down my face, as if to witness first hand this most intimate of reunions. I momentarily wondered why I should weep, confused with my reaction in the presence of beauty and blissful love.

Her scent entered my body with every breath I took; her unique fragrance filling me with a sense of well-being and passion only she can invoke.

My eyes opened as her eyelids parted, displaying the crystal sparkling blue eyes that never fail to mesmerise me; eyes deep as an ocean I so yearn to immerse my whole being into.

I whispered my wish of never wanting us to be apart again. She responded likewise, with words of reconciliation. Another tear slid down my face, this one of pure relief and joy at the unfolding events.

A love like ours can never be compromised again, I said, never be taken for granted. She nodded in agreement and smiled - a smile so captivating, it compelled  me to stay locked in our embrace, frozen in time for all posterity.

The doorbell rang, a hideous sound that would raise the dead and stun the living. I stumbled to my feet, staggered to the door and picked up the intercom. It turned out to be someone looking for one of my neighbours. Wrong call. The dream stealer remained on the door step, unaware of his crime.

I slid back into bed, closed my eyes and hoped to resume the dream I dream about constantly in all my waking hours.

Anxious moments followed as I lay alone in my bed, longing to rejoin my beloved companion and once again feel the comfort of her presence.

My efforts to slip back into dreamland merely contributed to waking me up further. As I realised the chance had gone, probably forever, the tears returned, this time flowing profusely as if attempting to extinguish the flame that stills burns in my heart. A flame that, if left unchecked, threatens to consume it´s fragile host.

:(

11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, I really feel for you when I read this..
    does she know how deep your feelings for her still is? Do you ever talk to eachother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia, the answers are yes and no. Thank you, now I know who you are. Puss och kram :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ;)
    Still hope you'll find a new one to kiss, a real dreamgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, I feel for you. I've had that want, the desire to return to the dream, and just not being able to grasp it...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So annoying Nessa. think it can only be done with nightmares :)

      Delete
  5. I used to like those dreams but over time I grew to hate them. She turned out to be a fantasy I could not attain, I'm not at all sure she exists the way I remember/imagined her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tempo, she is as I describe - still fresh in my memory, that's the problem )

      Delete
  6. Oh I hate it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that you where done writing about her?
    Is it not time to move on? And not stuck in this loop, and realize that it is over, so you can find someone else to start building something nice with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike (or is it?) I didn't write about her - I wrote about a dream. As you know, there are certain things in life even I can not control, such as the weather and who I love. Maybe it's easy for you to erase someone from your life who supposedly meant something - but not for me. You and I are very different when it comes to matters of the heart. Some bleed more than others.

      Delete