Thursday 5 January 2012

Roll on 2012 - I'm ready for you!

2012 is here and I for one am glad to see the back of 2011 - probably the worse year ever for me. You may find that hard to believe by reading my jovial posts, but believe me, it was tough. SHITE to be precise.

But that's all in the past.

My new years resolutions are to inject a lot of  humour into my posts and to be more resolute!?

Here's me, on top of the world.   Well, on top of the
Calheta Mountains, to be precise. Notice the weather?
Not bad for December, eh?


Met this sweet  little mountain dweller - friendly or what?

Last night I went to The Savoy Gardens Hotel to see my friends Mark and Sen play their gig and I spilt my almost empty glass of beer on a velvet topped table. I called the waiter over to clean it and apologised profusely. The waiter decided I should be given a full glass of beer, free of charge, for the inconvenience. How nice!

Mark and Sen's music was top class of course and Mark must have been in a funny mood for he kept telling jokes between songs. Happier than poor Sen, who's going through a hard time at the moment - details will follow.

***

Two gold-fish in a tank, one says to the other - Can you drive this thing?

***

Police have foiled a terrorist plot in the local supermarket! They found a bomb hidden among cans of Heinz Alphabet pasta. A spokesman said "Had the device exploded it could have spelt disaster.

***

Anyway, back to serious matters. Sen was crying in his beer all night because he and his tennis player girlfriend have split up. He is very upset and, without admitting it, is trying to get back with her. He has contacted her several times and says that now the ball is in her court.

I thought it wise to give him some advice and told him under no circumstances should anyone ever have a relationship with a tennis player - to them love means nothing!

:)

4 comments:

  1. Extremely jealous of your weather Joe! Looks lovely there. I look forward to reading your new stuff this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY NEW YEAR JOE! CHEERS TO A FAB 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jokes and I like the new spirit for the new year. It's odd how some years seem so damn horrid and others we look back to fondly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dicky: No need to feel jealous - Just come over! You could treat Lou B to a surprise winter holiday. You would not regret it, I assure you. Thanks for the comment.

    Momma: HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your loved ones :)

    Tempo: Glad you enjoyed the jokes - Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete